Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Chronicles of Redtail (166 to 193)



Day 20:

...story. Well about Dusk at least, the rising was stopped here by fire that reached the ends of the land and darkness was no more...

...Their words not mine, they also said that proceeding the Rising were three omens which no one remembers anymore except maybe..

...Limus the master of Runes at the Rune House. They gave me directions, I looked over at Drom and Den they were deep in...

...conversation so I bid the greybeards good day and left.  Outside my horse was not about, I whistled briefly.  She...

...appeared out of nowhere startling the locals somewhat, the Runes House was not far so I chose to walk with my horse following.

Master Limus was glad of my visit and quite eager to help with my questions. The house was effectively a library of scrolls and..

...maps.  The maps caught my eye straightaway laid on a table with two compressed Heliumite stones keeping them flat but judging..

...by their colour they no longer breathed. Upon arrival I gain basic knowledge, navigation and such but specifics require...

..actual travel. Limus showed me his oldest map which is but a copy of a previous one. The first ones arrived a thousand years...

Day 21:

...ago. The Rising occurred about two hundred years after according to Limus. The map on the table has been copied many times...

...it shows how the land was after the Rising. In an almost straight line from East to West there are a number of symbols which...

...represent Heliumite spires. Where the Sunken Men are now are nine spires. "They were giant statues once but as the spires...

...have sunk they pulled the statues down with them."
"How do you know the spires are sinking?"
Limus looked at the two rocks...

...on the table and said "My father chiseled those rocks from the spire here in Dusk at it's base. The gaps in the spire have...

...disappeared from sight what is odd the ground around spire has not moved at all."
"What do you know about the three omens...

...for the Rising?"
"That has been an difficult task by all previous masters of this house..." Limus stopped speaking lost in...

...thought.  I waited, he turned and looked at me with a gleam in his eye. "I have pieced together from many scrolls an ancient..

..verse I'm still not sure if it is correct or not:

Bright Day's Visitor
Shakes Mountains Down
Life's Spring Joins..." He stopped

Day 22:

...I thought he had finished I was about to say something and he continued.

 "Ancient Race Anew
Cometh the Rising." He looked...

...at me expecting me to say something, what I thought and said were two different things, "What does that mean? Is it in the...

...right order?" He looked at me with annoyance, "Well I, it's unclear at the moment I am the first master to work on this." ...

...spin...Yunk read the message from Dusk again. It did not make any more sense the second time round. What is Drom up to, who...

...is this stranger and why did the ground suddenly shake right across the land. All reports say it happened everywhere. He...

...reread the last part again,
"...I thought the tower would come down that stranger was by the spire and two giants were...

...spin...That's problem with seeing the future it never makes sense until you are there. Foresight is worst than hindsight...

...I thanked Limus for his time and decided the best thing to do was to get an accurate reading of the amount the spire was...

...breathing.  You can breath it and take on a certain immunity however in large dosages it can kill you. I went back to the...

No comments:

Post a Comment