Sunday 1 October 2017

The Chronicles of Redtail (138 to 165)



Day 17:

...in the region...spin..."I can see a train coming in, that's master Drom he's early." What! Den is going to be happy, "Go down...

...and tell Den Drom's will be in Dusk by midmorning."
"Yes, Quill right away." At least someone is going to be happy tonight...

...whilst I will be stuck here for another day. Drom's lot will be gone by then. I think I will send a raven to Yunk, who's...

...that on the horse, Yunk will want to know that too. Aye aye he's brought the giants too, there's bound to be trouble tonight..

... perhaps it's best I'm stuck here, breaking up a fight with giants could be painful.  That horse sure is queer I can see...

...right thru it...spin...Who name's a village Dusk? Maybe it has some significance. My horse snorts and I look in the...

...direction indicated and there at the center of this village stands a spire of Heliumite probably why they built a village...

...round it.  Judging by the colour of it, it's been thru compression. Probably was inside a meteorite, that means its still...

...likely to be breathing Heliumite particles into the air. Have to speak to villagers about this and see if I can get close...

Day 18:

...enough to take samples without offending the locals. Heliumite is very common and compressed Heliumite suggests that it was...

...once organic in origin, one theory is that before there was men there were creatures much like trolls made from Heliumite...

...and they were the size of mountains or small planets however some cataclysmic event killed them all leaving behind their...

...dead bodies as debris spread across reality.  I see Drom not far ahead, my horse already knows what I want and speeds up...

...to catch Drom, moments later I am beside him.
"Drom why did you not tell me about the spire of Heliumite in this village?"...

..."Because it is not same colour as your rock, besides there are lots of those spires spread across the north." Lots! They are..

...rare everywhere I have been to have an entire land peppered with them suggests this world was close to heart of the...

...Heliumite civilization when the catacylsm occurred. During my musings my horse had carried us to the center of Dusk. I was...

...within a few feet of the spire. Drom had dismounted and spoke to a large red headed man. I descended to the ground also,..

Day 19:

...Drom begun to introduce me but was interrupted by the sounds of the giants catching up, greybeard Jank in the lead. The red...

...headed chap said "Drom they can't stay in the village you know what happened last time."
"But they,.." I interrupted "...Giants are...

...notoriously insecure, perhaps they can pitch their tents by one of the outer barns I saw on the way in?"
"Insecure you say,...

...alright Drom that's a good suggestion I'll get some of the boys to organise it. Who are you exactly?" Addressing his...

...question at me. Before I could speak Drom said "This is Redtail a traveler who is riding with us to the Blue Mountains."...

..."Well met, I am Den not Lord or Master just Den I don't hold with titles. I am also the owner of the Ale house behind me...

...once inside and sat down it became obvious Drom was intent on not letting me speak to Den about anything other than trivial...

...pursuits so instead of causing a scene I made my excuses and joined a table of greybeards who looked at me suspiciously until...

...I bought them all a round. Surely one of these could tell me about the spire. It did not take long before I had the full...

No comments:

Post a Comment