Thursday 28 September 2017

The Chronicles of Redtail (111 to 137)



Day 14:

...just glad speak to someone, young people don't like speaking to the old it reminds them of their own mortality. Better to...

...look young on the outside and be ancient on the inside. Although my memories tend to conflict, some appear as my past and some...

...as a possible future but most of the time my memory exists in the present only. Otherwise I am distracted from my destiny...

...,it is a tricky thing destiny especially when chaos is involved. Trust me! I don't know what I am doing!...spin... strength...

...will be valuable to us."
"Your talking about the Blue Spider Fights!" They are evil those creatures, master Drom expects me...

...to fight one of those things.
"If there is no other way master Drom?"
"It's the only reason the Irons travel to the Blue...

..,Mountains for the fights and the barter. Remember the champion's clan gets first choice of the swords and one of that old...

...one eyed master Yunk's daughters, that will give us first amongst the trading."  Champion, "But why are we going so early that...

...fight does not start for several weeks."
"Cause young lad, of Redtail and his mad ideas that chaos is coming."
"But it is...

Day 15:

... coming I've seen it master Drom."
"Really what have you seen exactly?"
"What I thought were dragons in the sky breathing...

...fire but after what happened in your tent the day Redtail came out of that stone. I realised they must be man made." Drom...

...looked troubled. "Did you see any landmarks lad?"
"Yes, I was standing here looking up and three of the Sunken Men were...

... lying on their backs."
"Were the flying machines attacking something?"
"They were facing towards the north, fire raining...

...down upon darkness master Drom."
"Darkness on the ground?'
"I think so, it was coming from the north. It's the rising...

... isn't it master Drom?"
"Keep this to yourself for time being, no need to panic just yet. If we don't build Redtail's flying...

...machines then your vision cannot come to pass, at least not by us."
"Why are we going early again?"
"Your job Kron is to...

...keep Redtail occupied and away from Yank before you have to fight, after that Grum and Bull...

...can take over. Yank and Redtail can never meet."
"That's going to difficult master Drom, isn't the reason we are going is...

Day 16:

...to barter with the Irons for that green rock?"
"That riverbed is a day's walk from the Blue Mountains, should keep them...

...spin...Jank's information on the Rising was useful but other members of Drom's clan has provided some interesting...

...aspects of clan life and the big bartering event at the Blue Mountains. It seems the concept of secrets is unknown, lying...

...is taboo.  This event includes a fighting competition the winner's clan becomes first trading partners with the Irons and...

...married to Yunk's daughter.  No one can lie to me, I would say master Drom has a knack for omissions then. Seems like Drom...

...is playing both sides against the middle. Oddly enough the clan wouldn't tell me what the fights entailed exactly, said it...

...was going to be a surprise for me. I do not like surprises.  Master Yunk appears to be the man to meet perhaps I can charm...

...his daughter. Its a nine day journey to the Blue Mountains and its only day three what will I do with my time.  Tomorrow we...

...are passing through a village, most clans are nomadic however according to my distorted memories there are some villages...

No comments:

Post a Comment