Monday 25 September 2017

The Chronicles of Redtail (83 to 110) - The Sunken Men


Day 11:

...in the tent Redtail put it on his hand and then took his hand away, it just floated there. Everyone stared it then it...

...spurted fire and everyone jumped."
"Fire!" Bull went on but I had stopped listening, I must speak to Drom alone. The move...

...will take up most my time, maybe when we stop.  He does walk the line hopefully Redtail won't be with him. "Can Grum get...

...I mean can you get Grum, I want to see Drom alone without Redtail"
"I will ask for you...spin...
I am not sure about this...

...plan of Redtail's. "Grum where is greybeard Jank?"
"He's is riding with the giants master Drom."
"Walking slow as usual...

...then, you would think they would walk faster than us."
"Yes master Drom."
Best wait til we stop then less Redtail thinks...

...I am not serious about his plan to invade the south. The Irons wont be interested and without them, there will not be any...

...airships.  Must speak to Kron without Redtail knowing.
"Grum this is important, do not tell anyone you hear?"
"Yes master...

...Drom"
"Good boy, find Kron tell him to meet me on the second day by the Sunken Men and to come alone. "
"Yes master Drom."...

Day 12:

...spin...You know when it is all coming apart when everybody tells you exactly what you want hear. Drom was saying all the...

...right words but his heart was not in it. A nine day march to the Blue mountains where the Irons are, they make swords and...

...according to one of Drom's greybeards a dried riverbed of Helliumite. A deposit so large that it would carve out several...

...empires. Yet I feel like I am being led up the garden to path to my doom. A greybeard comes up beside me being carried by a...

...giantspawn a girl think, hard to tell much like dwarves all beard.
"Lord Redtail I believe."
"Just Redtail sir, not a lord"...

"What is your name sir?"
"I am Jank, care for some company?"
"Why not, perhaps you can tell me what those stones are?"
"The...

...Sunken Men you mean."
"Yes, do you know who built them?"
"They were here before the first ones, some say they stopped...

...the last rising with their lives and there they stand."
"The rising?"
"You do not know of the rising, I thought everyone...

...knew about the rising, where did you grow up?"
"A long way from this lands master Jank, tell me of the rising?"
Perhaps...

Day 13:

...this is the Chaos to get Drom to believe...spin...Kron had never been so close to the Sunken Men before. People say...

... getting too close could disturb their vigil and the rising will come again. The last rays of the sun hit the men at just the...

...right angle to make their eyes shine deep red. An awesome inspiring sight.
"I can tell you've never been this close." Kron jumped...

... almost out of his skin. Master Drom appeared out of the shadows. "Is this a good place,"
"Masters have been coming here...

...for thousands of years, I think we are safe.  Besides I would be more annoyed with the ravens shitting on me than us." He...

...laughed although not too loudly.
"Master Drom I think Redtail is..."
"Not telling us everything, yes lad. I don't trust him...

...either but he has offered us something very useful."
"Things that flies?"
"You heard about that, but no the Irons keep their..

...secrets about making swords. Redtail's tricks will put us in a better bargaining position with the Irons.  Also I am going to...

...have to ask a favour from you, your...spin...Greybeard Jank had happily filled me on the story of the Rising. I think he was..

No comments:

Post a Comment