Friday 22 September 2017

The Chronicles of Redtail (55 to 82)




Day 7: 

I had a hiatus.

Day 8:

...however smoke likes chaos and chaos likes me so we sat in a smoke filled tent. Not for the first time or the last.
"You...

...heard what Kron said?"
"Yes but what does that mean?"
"It means you head south before you all die."
"Impossible, there is a...

...solid wall of ice which has never been climbed."
"Then how did you get to this land?"
"The first ones arrived in ships west...

...of here and then thru a maze of mountains. It is guarded also."
"Well then perhaps we should just fly over."
"Is your horse...

...going fly us over one by one or can it split apart?"
"She does not carry anyone when she flies, no I was thinking of build...

...ing airships. They fly on the air instead of on water."
"Impossible, you are mad."
"With chaos all things are possible, only..

...order limits your options."
"Explain to me how you would do this."
"I will do better than explain I will show you but first...

...I need my pack from my horse. No don't bother getting up." I whistled briefly and moments later my horse walked thru...

...the tent almost see through, when I touched my heavy pack it became solid.  Removing it I set it upon the ground in front of..

Day 9:

...me. I pulled out a couple of leather bags and ornate wooden box. From one of the leather bags I took out a green rock and...

...passed it to Drom Drubane the camp's leader. "What is this?"
"Its called Heliumite its very common in all the lands I have...

...traveled. Has many uses, have you seen it anywhere in your lands?"
"Perhaps, do you mind if we show it around?"
"Fine, I...

...have a whole bag full." I took a nearby wooden three legged stool and placed my box upon it. Opening it carefully since its...

...contents can be deadly. I removed a thin glass cylinder and two small bottles. Open one bottle and place one end of the...

...cylinder into the open bottle. Then poured the contents of the second bottle carefully into the cylinder. "What are you...

...doing?"
"Not too close, this stuff is deadly. Its called Mercury a liquid metal, it will tell us how much Heliumite we need."

..."Not much as I thought, the air is thin here." I removed the Mercury from the cylinder and put it all back in the pack. At the...

...bottom of the pack I pulled out a larger heavier box and placed it on the stool.
"This Drom Drubane is but a model of what we...

Day 10:

...spin...I am strong, I just punched a Giantspawn she fell right over no man can match me. I am scared of nothing except..

...what I saw in those three days when Redtail's blood swirled in me. I have never seen a dragon but that must be what they...

...were. Fire from the sky.
"Kron we are moving and you are strong enough carry everything now." My friend Bull said smiling...

...Bull is small for his age but it did not stop him from knocking out a bull with a single blow from his fist.
"Where are we...

...heading?"
"North West, the Blue Mountains."
"But this time of year the Irons are there, they don't like us much."
"Aye...

...something to do with that green rock they showed us. I heard something flew in Drom's tent. Your friend Redtail,"
"He's not...

...my friend he killed my brother."
"The brother you hated so much that you shot him with an arrow?"
"I barely grazed him."...

"Only because you are a lousy shot."
That is true, why didn't Redtail take his blow against me?
"What flew in Drom's tent then?

"A model ship."
"You mean a boat on water?"
"No, it was long like a sausage with metal bits."
"How do know this?"
"Grum told me, he was...

No comments:

Post a Comment