Friday 15 September 2017

TriChunking Writing Experiment

In an attempt to get my creative juices flowing again I starting writing on a story using Twitter by doing nine tweets a day made up of three tweets with two replies.  Three in the morning, lunchtime and evening.

I am using someone else's universe or maybe its a clone of theirs but have created my own unique character for the story.  Perhaps you can figure out whose universe I'm using as a base.

Obviously with a hundred forty character limit which includes the hashtag #amwriting it is cliff hanger city. I think of them as mini chapters, I started on Wednesday 13th September so only three days so far.  I have decided to call it:

The Chronicles of Redtail

Note: I shall remove the #amwriting from the original tweets but leave the formatting in and some minor editing.  It is a bit disjointed at first as I am exploring this style of writing.



Day 1

The air was cold, you could see the air as I and the horse breathed out. A man running towards me thru snow with sword in hand...

...the horse sidestepped, my hand swept of its own accord. The blade dripped with blood, I saw my face reflected in deep red...

... snowing harder now the body is turning white, dropped a fire brand upon it. Best to let it burn. Moving on towards...

The violent death had brought my memories into sharp focus I knew my destiny but not the destination...

...the huts spread out across a snow covered plain made of sticks and cloth, nothing permanent they would be moving soon...

..their scouts had tried to intercept me but a simple jump forward kept them away.  They had signaled ahead I could see...

At the edge of the encampment were 5 men with swords drawn, I chose to ignore them and adjusted my solidity to suit. No need to..

antagonize them further. They thought I was going to stop, it did not matter they suffered minor cuts as I passed through them..

..my passage through created a stir and several futile attempts to attack me resulted in almost laughable results. One man ahead..

Day 2

The man was covered in white and grey furs perfect camouflage for this land. His face deeply lined with a...

... permanent frown yet there was humour in his eyes. Jet black hair upon his head, a wise man but driven. 

No awe yet.  My colours are dark blue and deep dirty red and the horse a pale dirty white. The horse and I are separate but...

We are one. I twisted as if to dismount but we both merged together in an eye bending...spin...

...spin...what is it this man-horse before me? I see but colours of blue,red and white.  Just makes me dizzy to watch...spin...

I see awe now, I am taller than the man but adjusting will waste further energy. I lean forward and offer my hand...

Up close I could see his aura, a pale blue. A good colour for the first link in the chain. He stared at my hand for a bit then...

clasped my hand, his touch was light as if he was not sure that I was real but once merged we are as solid as diamond. Swords...

will bend, break, bounce or all three. "I am called Redtail." A question passed across his face, I smiled and shook my head.

Day 3

He opened his mouth to speak but I raised my hand "I know who you are and what drives you." Before he could reply an upset man ran up..

He spat his words "I saw you kill my brother!" "The man on the plain?"
"Yes, damn you yes!"
"Then you saw he attacked without...

... provocation"
"You barstard you killed him with a single blow!"
"Quick deaths are best, you want vengeance?"
"Damn you..."

...Yes"
"I will trade you a single blow, undefended, deal?"
The man's anger seem to drain out of him at my offer. 
"You...

...won't defend against my sword?"
"One blow, if you do not kill me then I will have single blow against you, deal?"

His leader did not intercede, "Yes it is a deal!" I held up my hand "One moment." Coming apart is always more difficult...

...spin...a single to blow to his lungs a slow death is true vengeance...what the... Oh! My Gods!  What have I agreed to... 

...spin....the dead man's brother face just went pale at the sight of us dismerging.  I admit it is not a pretty.  My horse...

...leapt into the air sprouted wings and spiraled upwards. I stood open armed "Your blow sir."  The man tore his gaze away from..

No comments:

Post a Comment