Monday 18 September 2017

The Chronicles of Redtail (28 to 54)

The story continues...twenty seven tweets split by day:

Day 4:

...my horse and didn't even hesitate by plunging his sword directly into my chest slicing through my lungs, he twisted it...

...and pull his blade slowly out twisting it all the time. "Not exactly one..." Blood started to fill my mouth no point in...

...wasting it, I spat straight into my attacker's face where it burnt it's way into the skin leaving behind swirled marks.

I felt the healing stone encompassing my body before I was completely enclosed I said "See you in three days lad."...spin...



...I turned to Kron but before I could speak Redtail's horse landed down between us, its wings vanished. It turned towards...

...the red standing stone that was Redtail and walked into it, before it vanished completely it kicked out with its back legs...

...hitting young Kron in the chest sending him flying back a good thirty feet through the tents and cooking fires...spin...

I saw the horse's hooves an instant too late I felt the light tap of them, felt myself fly backwards more taps to my back but no pain.

I landed hard against one of the posts the giants knock in, still no pain. The wood had split at the bottom but I was fine. How?

Day 5:

A greybeard gave me a hand up "You should be dead, there's not a scratch on you." I looked back through the path of...

...destruction at the end stood a ten foot red stone. "You have been marked by a demon lad, here look at yourself." He passed...

...me a shiny pot. My face is covered in red swirling patterns. Gods! They are moving, I can feel them crawling across my skin..

..spin..."How is young Kron?"
"His body is fine except for the demon's mark is spreading across his body, its the nightmares that's

...driving him mad. For two days..."
"What does he dream of?"
"Wars, terrible wars, bodies piled high.  Destroy the stone I say"

..."We have tried that, it is not always solid.  It moves as well, it must be connected to Kron."
"Kron thinks what he sees are..

...spin...a red misty realm a voice echoes out 'your blood is not meant for him.'
"Perhaps not but you keep telling me..."

...everything happens for a reason."
'it is the WRONG link.'
"Wrong maybe but strong if he survives, some memories create...

...wisdom"
'the blood is chaos.'
"Rather it be in the lad than on the land I think."
'this game is reckless'
"Your one to talk...

Day 6:

...spin...Upon my horse again waiting for the stone to release me. Kron is outside glaring at the stone no hint of madness in...

...his eyes. My blood centered upon his forehead in spinning swirls. Ah ha! Time has come. Fresh air again, "What have you...

...learned lad?"
"That Chaos is coming and vengeance holds no meaning."
"Ready for my blow?"
"Yes"
Holding out my hand palm up...

...the blood upon Kron's forehead swirled out of him in a double-helix and landed upon my palm in a tight twisting ball which...

...slowly sank into my palm. Welcome back missed you. Speaking to Kron I said
"Because you survived my blood your body will...

...retain the increased strength and be almost impervious to attack. I must warn you however not all attacks use a sword."
I...

...turned towards the camp's leader and said "Where were we?"
"Who the Hell are you?"
"Tricky question, perhaps it would be...

...better if we spoke in a more private setting?"
I dismounted and followed the leader to one of the larger tents in the camp...

...I noticed that Kron did not follow but stayed behind. The tent was open in the middle in an attempt to let the smoke out...

No comments:

Post a Comment