Friday 8 December 2017

Ib & Ob: The 70th Anniversary


Ib: We have established orbit round the third planet in this system.

Ob: Good, now we...

Ib: Wait a panug, have not we been here before?

Ob: As I was about to explain before you interrupted, it has been seventy cycles of this planet since we were last here.  During your 'Everything is a joke phase.'

Ib: That was not a phase, everything is a joke.  Like your face that is a joke too.

Ob: Let us not start that again, your so called joke seventy cycles ago nearly got us throw out of the science club.

Ib: Like I ever wanted to be in the club in the first place!  Admit it your face is a joke, I mean who wears green with grey anymore?

Ob: I seem to remember you begging me to come along on this trip, said you were bored with Grey World.

Ib: Fine, fine. Carry on. Why are we here again?

Ob: To prove to those purple monopods in the club that my theories about the dominate species on this planet are correct.

Ib: Purple Monopods! Your language has taken a turn for the worst.

Ob: They think in circles, makes my orbs spin.  Please do not roll your orbs like that, remember we did eat well last time we were here.

Ib: True, I admit you had me with Purple Monopods.  What is your plan?

Ob: You take the shuttle down and record the northern hemisphere whilst I dropped some probes into key locations.

Ib: Why is it I am always the one in the shuttle and your up here safe from the locals?

Ob: You keep telling me that you are the best pilot in the galaxy, I thought would enjoy it.

Ib: Purple Monopods! How about you tell me your current theories then I will know what to look for when I down there?

Ob:That is a good idea.

Ib: You do realise it is rude to spin your orbs vertically?

Ob: Your the only one that thinks that.

Ib: That is because I know it is your expression of surprise.

Ob: Alright, I will not spin them again. Happy now?

Ib: Yes, tell me your theory.

Ob: I think the quadrupeds are the dominant species.

Ib: What! No! But we drained them on our last visit for cocktails.  Are you sure?

Ob: I seem to remember that you had four or was it five cocktails and you had the left over heads in a sandwich.

Ib: Your telling me I ate intelligent life forms, your talking about the ones with the mono-tonal language that you could not translate? This is a joke right?

Ob: Yes those are ones.  The others in the club think the bipedal life forms are the intelligent ones but I think not.

Ib: By the Moons of Gugt, I am hoping you are wrong.  What is your evidence?

Ob: The bipedal subspecies spend most of their time in metal boxes which have four spinning wheels, I am calling it my theory of four.  Catchy title right?

Ib: That is not evidence that is a leap to a completely different tangent.

Ob: There is more to the theory, I think the subspecies worship the quadrupeds because everything they build has four wheels.  Also the subspecies do all the work whilst the quadrupeds spent all their time at leisure in the open countryside and the subspecies bring them food.  It all works out.

Ib: If it all works out what are we doing here exactly?

Ob:  Well I need more evidence to present to the club.

Ib: Are you sure you have not been drinking Orion Moon Dust Particles again?

Ob: You said you would never mention that incident again?

Ib: Technically I do not mention the incident just the cause.  Fine I will take the shuttle down but if the subspecies are not intelligent does that mean I get take some for a snack on the way back. You know how Hyper jumps make me hungry.

Ob: Of course I would not expect anything less of you.

Ib: You turned away so I could not see your orbs?


No comments:

Post a Comment