Monday 11 December 2017

Ib & Ob: Cultural Misfeeds


Ib: I took it off the subspecies, it was pointing it at one of the smaller quadrupeds, at first I thought it was trying to feed it but there was a sudden flash and the quadruped exploded.

Ob: It exploded?

Ib: Yes, there was just blood and pieces of organic matter everywhere.  Then I realised it probably had teleported and left its waste product behind.

Ob: You mean like the Haxians on Phew 4 and I thought those hexipods were unique.

Ib: I think the smell was definitely unique, it took me ages to get rid of it from the ship.

Ob: I agree that is one planet I never intend to visit again, their waste product ate through three of my environment suits.

Ib: As far as I can tell this tube does not contain anything organic just metal parts.

Ob: Well put it in the relic room for now and when we get back it can be more thoroughly investigated.

Ib: Fine. I will just put my lunch into...

Ob: Hold on a moment we have not got enough evidence yet to say that your lunch is not intelligent.

Ib: What? You said the quadrupeds were the intelligent species, make your mind up.

Ob: I said it was a theory besides some of the probes have come back with some interesting results which suggest my theory might be need adjusting.

Ib: Really?

Ob: Less of the orb rolling please, I suggest you put your lunch back where you found it.  Ship's ration packs will have to suffice for now.

Ib: You did not look at the eat by h-jump of those ration packs did you, they are only good for nine hyper jumps.  It will be like eating Haxian leftovers.

Ob: Just get rid of the subspecies and I will tell what the probes have found.

Ib: Okay give me a panug to put it in the teleport.  I might point out that there are some scorch marks around the pads.

Ob: It will be fine what could possibly go wrong.

Ib:  Really what about the T'ra incident?

Ob:  I was absolved any wrong doing, it was not my fault that the locals were well...primitive.

Ib: So primitive in fact that they managed to enter your personal code into the your game slab without even getting it wrong at least once.

Ob: Chance happens in the strangest of places besides it do not impinge much on their society.

Ib: Much! The people of T'ra 9 were considered to be the greatest primitive architects and artists in four galactic sectors.  Their culture was unblemished by any space faring species until you joined the expedition.

Ob: I seemed to remember you asked me along on that trip so you are partly responsible.  I do not know why you asked me, I have never liked art.

Ib: I am curious as to why your game slab was set to expand so large in the first place?

Ob: Do not you not remember I had entered the Battle Sims for the next day on one of the larger moons, I was going to use the slab as a defensive wall.

Ib: A wall that reached all the way into space?

Ob: Well I had miscalculated a bit but as it turned out it was quite fortunate for the locals since the expedition had time to stop it from flattening their capital city.  Barely any harm done whatsoever.

Ib: Except for the part whereby the locals now worship the Great Black Rectangle and all their buildings are rectangular not a single curve in sight.  You wiped out the most artistic primitive culture in the galaxy.

Ob: Well it is all particles under the ion grill now. Set your coordinates and send it back.

Ib: Fine, tell me what the probes results were?

No comments:

Post a Comment