Saturday 9 December 2017

Ib & Ob: Communications Failure


Ob: What is that?

Ib: Lunch.

Ob: I see you are still thinking with your stomach, why does it look like that?

Ib: Like what?

Ob: Like it has been frozen in the middle of a horrifying thought?

Ib: Did you know that the shuttle was not packed with a complete set of communication probes?

Ob: That would be your responsibility, you used the equipment therefore you maintain it.

Ib: Fair point.  Still the shuttle was a mess, I could barely find anything.  It was like being back in our study room.

Ob: I remember that our study room was particle free.

Ib: That is because I kept it that way, if I had left it to you to tidy up we would have been kicked out for causing multiple bio hazards.

Ob: Wait a panug, the last time I am used the shuttle was on Hij 3 to speak to the tripod species.   Those were brand new probes how did you know how use it?

Ib: Well you remember what Prof. Zi used to say?

Ib & Ob: For Every Hole there is a Probe!

Ib: I admit they have a lot holes the subspecies, it took a while to find the right one.

Ob: Hold on the natives of Hij 3 only have one hole which is between their...

Ib: Yes it took some pushing, not to mention this subspecies seem to have multiple layers are skin.  I got there in the end though.

Ob: I left Hij 3 in a hurry, you did give the probe a clean?

Ib: You mean that blue substance was not part of the probe, it was very sticky indeed. By the way the ion grill will need a clean now.

Ob: Really and you say I am untidy. Oh!  I think I know why it looks like that.

Ib: Really?

Ob: The natives of Hij 3 consume their food while it is still alive, they use a paralytic liquid which is ejected from the same hole that houses their telepathic nodes.

Ib: That sounds disgusting, so the blue substance has frozen my lunch?

Ob: Yes, what is that your metal tube you are holding?


No comments:

Post a Comment